2022 - 2023 Book Fair Volunteers
If you would like to volunteer for our 2023 – 2024 Spring Book Fair, please click the link below.
May 2023 Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Hour Opportunities
- Parents and Guardians: School is winding down, and it has been a good year! I have heard from some families inquiring about opportunities to fulfill their volunteer commitments. I have a list for you to review and see if you can help our students experience some wonderful events!!
- The week of Monday, May 8th-Friday, May 12th is a very busy week. Our final Bookfair begins on Monday. This is a BOGO (buy one, get one) to encourage lots of summer reading. Volunteers are desperately needed to ensure the Fair is open all day to students.
- Also, that week we celebrate teachers. We have an amazing team here at SBCS who love God, your students, and teaching your students. Each day next week the staff is being treated to a Special luncheon. Volunteers have graciously given this quiet time to the teachers, and the volunteers stay with the students in the café during the lunches. This is about a two-hour commitment (11:00 – 1:00). Please call the office and let us know if you are available. It will be greatly appreciated!!
- Tuesday, May 9th is our final Spirit Night at Moe’s in Deland from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. We would love to see you there and give you a volunteer hour for your support!
- Thursday, May 18th our students will shine as they present their final Band Concert of the year at 7 p.m. Volunteers are needed to get the instruments and equipment back to the band room after the program.
- Friday, May 19th students will have another opportunity to enjoy Kona Ice after school in the field.
- Tuesday, May 23rd is our final Spirit Day – enjoy wearing jeans!
- Wednesday, May 24th is a special Chapel service where we honor our students who are being inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. Volunteers would be appreciated to help with decorating. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Mrs. Kicklighter for more details.
- Thursday, May 25th we will have FIELD DAY for the entire school. We will begin about 8:15 a.m. (set up will be needed earlier) and go throughout the day, and dismissal will be as usual at 3:00 p.m. Volunteers are a must for this to be a success for our students. You can stay all day or just the hours your student is actively involved in outdoor activities. There will be inflatables, relay games, a bounce house, and water involved. We have some parents willing to grill lunch. We will also need donations for food, drinks, paper goods, etc. This is a great day to make memories. Please let me or the office know if you can participate.
- Friday, May 26 is Kindergarten and 8th-grade graduations with awards. Teachers will be sending activity times to their families.
- June 12th – 15th Report cards and MAP Testing report will be available for pick up from the office. There will be opportunities for volunteer hours this summer – if you want to get a head start!!
Items that can be purchased for Volunteer Hours include:
- Hamburger patties – buns
- Hot Dogs – buns
- Chips -individual multipacks, a variety of flavors
- Goldfish – all flavors
- M&M’s plain
- Mini cans of a variety of sodas
- Capri-Sun or other boxed drinks
- Small water bottles
Help Prepare Our Students By Volunteering
Stetson Baptist Christian School has been proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and building the character of boys and girls for forty-one years. Though our Lord and biblical truth is unchanging, the academic environment necessary to support and sustain young people of character, talent, and ability in the twenty-first century is in perpetual flux.
The means necessary for preparing our students for the challenges the future possesses exceeds those provided by a modest tuition. We encourage individuals and corporations who share the desire to spread the gospel via an academically and spiritually rich community that exists for the benefit of the youth of our area to become benefactors in our quest to fulfill the mission of our school.
The Stetson Baptist Christian School Parent Teacher Fellowship serves as a voluntary support and fundraising organization designed to assist the school in achieving its mission of spiritual and academic excellence for all students.
A board of officers meets monthly with the School Administrator to plan events meant to engage all the stakeholders at Stetson Baptist Christian School. General Meetings are held on an “as needed” basis throughout the school year and are communicated several times through the parent newsletters. Parents are invited to participate as actively as they choose in all school events. Teachers need assistance, classrooms need room mothers, and our booster club welcomes volunteers.